Original Works Publishing accepts unsolicited submissions all year round. Please follow the guidelines closely. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
1. OWP does not accept unproduced submissions under any circumstances. No exceptions.
(Readings do not count toward production.)
2. OWP does not publish adaptations, translations, musicals, or works for younger audiences.
3. Only submit one play per email.
4. Do not send an inquiry email or synopsis or samples of multiple plays asking if any are of interest. Just submit the play in a complete submission package per the guidelines.
For Full Length Plays: We now only accepts plays that have received eight (8) or more performances in a production run and have been reviewed.
All Other Lengths: Do not need 8 performances or review, but still must have been fully produced.
When emailing your submission please include all of the following material you have available:
1. Your play attached as a PDF or Word document, including cover page.
2. Short synopsis and character breakdown.
3. Production history. (Include theatre company and dates.)
4. Select review highlights, quotes, and awards or nominations received.
5. Any posters or logos from the productions.
6. Playwright resume or bio.
Send it all to:
Please list the title of your submission and length (full length, one act, etc.) in the Subject line.
OWP receives a large number of exciting new plays, all of which are closely evaluated. Please give us a minimum of three - six months to respond.
Snail Mail Submissions
OWP no longer accepts snail mail submissions. Let's keep it green. Save money on postage, save trees, save printer ink.
ONE ACTS - (25-45 minutes.)
FRINGE FESTIVAL HITS
NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING INDIVIDUAL TEN MINUTE PLAYS FOR "eTens" or TEN MINUTE PLAY COLLECTIONS